geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@last.za.net>
Subject Singletons in Geronimo
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 20:27:49 GMT
Hey,

I got Singletons working in Geronimo. I've uploaded patches a few
times, but this is the first one where I feel farely stable. I've
tested it remotely (same machine, network and now over the internet).
I've uploaded @Startup singletons with dependency heirachies, misc
injections and so on. The modifications to OpenEJB also continue
working without Geronimo (tested in embedded mode).

Unfortunately the only way I could see how to get the @Startup working
was to modify OpenEJB to create a property which gives the
responsibility over to Geronimo, and there the only way was to create
a new GBean which has it's lifecycle doStart() called after all EJBs
are in the RUNNING state.

I couldn't find a better way.

Not sure if you guys will use this, though I uploaded it anyway. We
needed it urgently so I took it upon myself to get it running.

The 2 tickets are:
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENEJB-1092
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4918

The Geronimo modification depends on the OpenEJB modification (for the
startup responsibility).

Are singletons planned for Geronimo 2.2? It might pose a problem,
because unless another method is found where OpenEJB doesn't need to
be modified, 3.1.2 would have to be revoted and rereleased.

Quintin Beukes