geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@last.za.net>
Subject Jetty Advanced Integration Test Failure
Date Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:23:04 GMT
Hey,

I found the cause of the test failure.

In the file: {src
root}/plugins/jetty7/geronimo-jetty7/./src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/jetty7/connector/JettyConnector.java
Line: 289

It reads: new String[]{"host", "port", "minThreads", "maxThreads",
"bufferSizeBytes", "headerBufferSizeBytes", "acceptQueueSize",
"lingerMillis", "protocol", "redirectPort", "connectUrl",
"maxIdleTimeMs"},
Change to: new String[]{"host", "port", "minThreads", "maxThreads",
"bufferSizeBytes", "headerBufferSizeBytes", "acceptQueueSize",
"lingerMillis", "redirectPort", "maxIdleTimeMs"},

Basically removing the "protocol" and "connectUrl" attributes from the
persistent interface attributes fixes the problem.

"protocol" is static for Jetty BIO connector, so it doesn't need to be
saved, or can't be specified.
"connectUrl" is generated on the fly through getConnectUrl(), so can't
be saved either.

So unless my understanding of what persistentAttributes are is
incorrect, this seems to be the correct solution? Please correct me if
I'm wrong.

What caused the problem is that the JettyConnector class doesn't have
a setter for these attributes, so when XBean searches all the
specified attributes' setters, it fails when it can't find these. This
caused the test to fail, because the connector doesn't start again
after being edited (enters the failed state).

Quintin Beukes