On Sep 14, 2009, at 8:41 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sep 14, 2009, at 2:52 AM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

Right,  I'm planing to ship both of them but mark ejb agent as "load=false".  So that the user will use JMX as default monitoring agent.

When the users do not need EJB, they can create a EJB free assembly easily  without breaking the monitoring.

Does anyone have any other comments ?

Agreed that this would be more convenient for most users. I don't recall any specific reason why agent-jmx wasn't included. Vaguely recall that ejb support was developed first because MEJB support is required per the EE spec.
Does it mean that we still have to keep ejb agent on by default to meet the EE spec ?

no, the monitoring is not part of the spec so we can use anything we want.

david jencks