geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possible to mark a GBean attribute "managable=true" but not trigger a config.xml rewriting when the attribute is updated ?
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 03:36:59 GMT
I'm working on recovering connector portlet recently because the connector
configuration was changed to server.xml from config.xml.    To make current
connector portlet work, I have to create corresponding connectorGBean in
memory for those connectors defined in server.xml.

The problem is

When the attributes of connectorGBean are marked as "managable=true" , the
changes to the connectorGBean in memory will be written back to config.xml
automatically. ( by calling
org.apache.geronimo.console.BasePortlet.setProperty(connectorGBean, key,
value) )

It's not a desired behavior for me because I want the changes  only to
server.xml.  Is it possible to mark a GBean attribute "managable=true" but
not trigger a config.xml rewriting when the attribute is updated ?

--
Shawn