geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Delos <dait...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FYI]Summary list for G2.2 doc updates
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 03:00:22 GMT
Thanks, Jeff.

Here are some comments in blue for the update

1.  Manage user Account in GEP
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/configuring-your-development-environment.html#Configuringyourdevelopmentenvironment-Editingaserverconfiguration

"If your server installation uses a different set of credentials, change
these accordingly. These security credentials configured here are used to
detect server status and deployment/undeployment of applications." The
statement is not accurate. Actually, the account management only change the
account information of the built-in security realm "geronimo-admin".
Besides, it's better to mention that only change on localhost is supported
now.

2.  Datasource pool wizard in GEP
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/using-datasource-pool-wizard-in-gep.html
The page seems good. But in eclipse 3.5, we found another possible problem
similar to GERONIMODEVTOOLS-583. It's a problem of WTP. WTP provide a
workaround for this. I suggest to add it into this page.

Here is the workaround:

The observed behaviour seems to be caused by the XML->XML
Files->Validation->uncheck Honour all schema locations preference.



3.  Security realm wizard in GEP
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/using-security-realm-wizard-in-gep.html
Looks good.

4.  GEP convention for application client development
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/developing-application-clients.html
Looks good.

5.  Refactoring support of GEP
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/new-features-and-enhancements.html#Newfeaturesandenhancements-NewGEPfeaturesandenhancements
"if Test and Performance Tools Platform
Project<http://www.eclipse.org/tptp/index.php>is installed." I suggest
to install the TPTP eclipse plugins and change the
URL into TPTP runtime plugin download page,
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/tptp/4.6.0/TPTP-4.6.0/tptp.runtime-TPTP-4.6.0.zip


6.  Start a server in Profiling mode
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/new-features-and-enhancements.html#Newfeaturesandenhancements-NewGEPfeaturesandenhancements
Looks good.

2009/9/24 chi runhua <chirunhua@gmail.com>

> Hi all, FYI.
>
> Topics about GEP v2.2 new feature/improvements are ready.
>
> 1.  Manage user Account in GEP
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/configuring-your-development-environment.html#Configuringyourdevelopmentenvironment-Editingaserverconfiguration
> 2.  Datasource pool wizard in GEP
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/using-datasource-pool-wizard-in-gep.html
> 3.  Security realm wizard in GEP
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/using-security-realm-wizard-in-gep.html
> 4.  GEP convention for application client development
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/developing-application-clients.html
> 5.  Refactoring support of GEP
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/new-features-and-enhancements.html#Newfeaturesandenhancements-NewGEPfeaturesandenhancements
> 6.  Start a server in Profiling mode
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/new-features-and-enhancements.html#Newfeaturesandenhancements-NewGEPfeaturesandenhancements
>
> Anything else, please chime in.
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff  C
>
>
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 9:36 PM, chi runhua <chirunhua@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all, FYI.
>>
>> 2 more topics updated for G2.2 doc.
>>
>> 1. Replacing the default realm in G2.2
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/replacing-default-realm-in-geronimo.html
>> 2. Tomcat native clustering--Enable session affinity on how-to
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/tomcat-native-clustering.html#TomcatNativeClustering-Enablingsessionaffinity
>>
>> Any comments, please post here.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Jeff C
>>
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:35 PM, chi runhua <chirunhua@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, FYI.
>>>
>>> 2 more topics added based on discussion from mail-list:
>>>
>>> 1.  JSP&Servlet reload setting for Tomcat in Geronimo
>>> 2.  OpenEJB options in Geronimo
>>>
>>> Both topics are placed within troubleshooting development issues.
>>>
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/development-issues.html
>>>
>>> Jeff C
>>>
>>>
>>> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:05 PM, chi runhua <chirunhua@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>
>>>> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>>>>
>>>> I've fixed broken linkages within the page.
>>>>
>>>> Jeff C
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Jack Cai <greensight@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> This looks like a very comprehensive list! Thanks Jeff!
>>>>>
>>>>> I hit some "404 document not found" error when following the links in
>>>>> the "Topic location" column though.
>>>>>
>>>>> -Jack
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 5:45 PM, chi runhua <chirunhua@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Sorry, here is the correct linkage
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC22/Apache+Geronimo+v2.2+documentation+development+status
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Jeff C
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM, chi runhua <chirunhua@gmail.com>wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I did a quick summary for the updates to be made(already made)
in
>>>>>>> G2.2  doc so far.  Please refer to (1) for more details.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> (1).
>>>>>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/editpage.action?pageId=101669
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> If I missed any topics, please feel free to append on the table
or
>>>>>>> this thread.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Jeff C
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>


-- 
Best Regards,

Delos

Mime
View raw message