geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Guillaume Nodet <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Blueprint 1.0.0
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 12:42:37 GMT
I know that the code may be moved at a later point, but I really need
a release of blueprint for Karaf which should be released in the
coming days.
I'm happy to move the code to a non sandboxed location if that looks
better, but i personnally would rather wait until the final location
for this piece of code is known and agreed (be it Aries or somewhere
else, including Geronimo).

As far as the TCK is concerned, I really don't think we need to wait
for that.  Felix Framework is being released too, the Felix
ConfigAdmin which the RI has been released already, all of those
including the updated OSGi specs.  In addition, if there is a need to
fix stuff, we can always do that in a bug fix release if needed.  We
don't necesseraly have to claim passing the TCK, and we could wait for
the TCK to be officialy vote by the OSGi alliance before running it
and see what it gives.  If it passes, fine, we can claim that, if it
does not, we can always do a bug fix release.

If I can't make my point, I'll have to use a timestamped version of
blueprint for Karaf, but I'd really like to avoid that as much as
possible and use official releases.   Official does not mean bug free,
so again, I don't think we need to hold this vote for the reasons Rick
and Kevan mentioned.  I would personally be happy to wait if that
would not delay the Karaf release too much.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 14:27, Kevan Miller<> wrote:
> Hi Guillaume,
> I guess I'd like to have some discussion about this, before voting...
> If there's a desire to move this code to the new incubator project, I'm not
> sure why we'd be releasing out of Geronimo, now...
> Also, if we do decide to release, I wouldn't think that we'd want the code
> to be in sandbox.
> --kevan

Guillaume Nodet
Open Source SOA

View raw message