geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From chi runhua <chirun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: documentation is important too
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 01:55:51 GMT
Yes, I agree that documentation is really important to the success of
Geronimo.

We have lots of changes in terms of security, web container integration
mechanism as well as GEP improvements for G2.2, and we know some of
information are not well documented yet. For the current status of G2.2 doc
development, you may refer to

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/apache-geronimo-v22-documentation-development-status.html

Beyond these items listed, I believe there are lots of topics to be updated
such as new samples, screenshots and so on. Therefore, we would appreciate
any individual who can contribute to the documents and especially for those
who has successful experiences with configuration of certain components.

As for the examples that you mentioned, in my understanding,  G Doc already
has certain topics for those:
1. Database security realm, you may refer to
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/database-sql-realm.html
2. Real samples, we have sample applications for test and evaluation, you
may refer to
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/sample-applications.html#Sampleapplications-AvailableSampleApplicationsor
WAS CE samples which can be deployed on Geronimo as well
3. Tutorial for various applications' development, which might not cover
every corner by now but it would be
applaudable**<http://www.iciba.com/applaudable/>if we could have more
and more tutorials on website. For this part, you may
refer to
   http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/developing-web-applications.html
   http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/developing-ejb-applications.html
   http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/developing-jpa-applications.html
   http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/developing-application-clients.html
   http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/developing-web-services.html

We'd like to hear more about your comments to the document such as the
documents are not well-orgnized? what kind of topics are missing? Or you can
share your experience briefly, we can help to document? I think more details
will do more help.

Thanks alot.

Jeff C