geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject javadoc @version tags
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 18:01:53 GMT
I was looking at the generated xbean site prior to releasing and
noticed the version looks pretty messy with lots of random
variations.  I think we've previously encouraged something like this:

  * @version $Rev:$ $Date:$

which expands to something like

  * @version $Rev: 437551 $ $Date: 2006-08-27 23:14:47 -0700 (Sun, 27
Aug 2006) $

which ends up in javadoc as something like

Version:
$Rev$ $Date$
or

Version:
$Rev: 437551 $ $Date: 2006-08-27 23:14:47 -0700 (Sun, 27 Aug 2006) $

This seems wrong to me.  I think in javadoc the version ought to be
something like 3.6-SNAPSHOT or 3.6.

So, I'd like to propose that:

1. we investigate and find out if there's a way to set the javadoc
version to the maven version.  If so, use it.  If not, remove the
@version.

2. Decide if we want the svn keyword info in the java files at all,
and if so get it out from the @version javadoc tag.

thanks
david jencks