geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Server farm management based on plugins
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:44:01 GMT
Hi Viola,

On Sep 25, 2009, at 1:04 AM, viola lu wrote:

> Thanks. David.
>
> I tried this function, and some details to confirm with you:
>
>  1.Farm Controller should install plugin-farm, plugin-farm-
> datasource plugins , set its DefaultPluginRepository attribute in
> file config-substitutions.properties as a share repository
> accessible by all farm members.If farm members has no access
> authority to this share repository, farm deploy will fail.

yes...

>  2.Every farm member should install plugin-farm-member plugin, set
> NodeName, and ServerHostname=[NODE_IP] attributes in file config-
> substitutions.properties.If ServerHostname is not set to its
> corresponding IP, this farm node will not be added into this farm
> goup.Also farm member should add share install plugin repository to
> its file plugin-repositories.properties including access username
> and password like
> http\://9.186.10.67\:8080/plugin/maven-repo/=system
> \={Simple}rO0ABXNyABlqYXZheC5jcnlwdG8uU2VhbGVkT2JqZWN0PjY9psO3VHACAARbAA1lbmNvZGVkUGFyYW1zdAACW0JbABBlbmNyeXB0ZWRDb250ZW50cQB+AAFMAAlwYXJhbXNBbGd0ABJMamF2YS9sYW5nL1N0cmluZztMAAdzZWFsQWxncQB+AAJ4cHB1cgACW0Ks8xf4BghU4AIAAHhwAAAAEHnh03EmiNu4VTuWH+xZiRBwdAADQUVT

yes...

> So that access passes.
>
>  3.After run cluster/deploy remove -l pluginlist1 -a **/hello/**,
> this will remove the plugin from all farm members, but fail to
> delete the plugin record from table PLUGINLIST_PLUGIN of
> PluginFarmDatatabase db on controller node,

this command turns into farm.removePluginFromPluginList, so this seems
like a bug.

> this will result in duplicate(redundant) records in db, and if  i
> run cluster/deploy remove -c cluster1 -l pluginlist1, plugin list
> will be removed from table PLUGINLIST_CLUSTER, but pluginlist1 is
> still kept in table PLUGINLIST,

this seems correct to me, a plugin list can exist even if it is not
associated with any clusters

> when add a pluginlist to cluster, both tables are updated meantime,

I'd expect this to create records in cluster and pluginlist if they
are missing, and then insert into cluster_pluginlist.

> so seems PluginFarmDatatabase can't keep integrity when delete.

I think you found some bugs :-)

Looking at the groovy ClusterCommand, I'd guess that we need some more
remove commands:

remove --cluster deletes a cluster from the cluster table after
removing any cluster_pluginlist records that refer to the cluster
remove --pluginlist deletes a pluginlist from the pluginlist table
after removing appropriate cluster_pluginlist and pluginlst_plugin
records
remove --pluginartifact deletes a plugin from the plugin table after
removing appropriate pluginlist_plugin records.

Does this make sense to you?

thanks
david jencks