geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Proposed tranql svn reorganization
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 07:23:47 GMT

On Sep 21, 2009, at 8:39 PM, Rex Wang wrote:

> 2009/9/22 Jack Cai <greensight@gmail.com>
> I think it's a good idea. A small problem that I see is currently
> all the vendor connectors have different version numbers. If we are
> going to put them under the same folder, shall we bump them to the
> same version?
> So, if I update one vendor and change its version, I should update
> all the vendors' version?

Since the vendor wrappers are not built together, there is no need for
them to have the same version.

I was actually thinking further of:
- combining connector and connector-ra into a folder, perhaps "generic"
- removing the "vendors" folder and having generic, derby, db2,
postgres,.... next to one another.

But even if we keep the vendors folder the versions don't have to be
related.

thanks
david jencks