geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Geronimo components 2.2 (tx manager / connector)
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 16:00:48 GMT

On Sep 3, 2009, at 1:20 AM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

> A long time ago, I've made those two jars available as OSGi bundles,
> but they haven't been released yet because I did that in trunk.
> I'd really like to have those as bundles, so I can backport the pom
> changes in the branch and release from the branch or release trunk.
> Not sure what the exact status for this component is.  I've seen
> djencks made some changes in the branch that are not available in
> trunk, but trunk also has some changes.

Can you be more specific about the changes and which svn urls you are
talking about?

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/trunk
uses connector 1.6 spec, so I don't think we will release it until we
have some idea that we are fairly OK with the ee6 tck, and also that
it works with whatever osgi stuff we end up with in g. trunk.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/components/txmanager/branches/geronimo-txmanager-parent-2.1

  uses connector 1.5 and we need to release it for g. 2.2 as it has
some important bug fixes.

Making sure both of these are osgi-workable would be great.  I thought
I'd merged all the bug fixes both ways between these branches, if you
see a problem please let me know!

I'm hoping to get to releasing some specs and other sub-projects for
2.2 this week, so if you can make sure the 2.1 branch is acceptable
that would be really great!

thanks
david jencks