geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OSGI progress
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 17:47:47 GMT
I've been looking into how to create an RFC 66 implementation that can
deploy to whatever the Geronimo-hosted web container happens to be.  One
issue that seems to keep popping up is crossing the bridge between
GBeans and OSGi.  A lot (ok, all really) that deal with the server
runtime and configuration are GBean instances.  Some of these GBeans
will occasionally need a BundleContext to perform OSGi operations.  It
would appear that we'd need to have an mechanism to allow a GBean to be
injected with a Bundle and/or BundleContext for its hosting configuration.

Rick