geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Blueprint 1.0.0
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:01:33 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> Without some major justification I'm seriously -1 on releasing from
> the sandbox.  I don't see any problem with moving this code to
> components and releasing it from there, whether or not it then moves
> somewhere else.
I'm also uncomfortable for the release tag for this being in the
sandbox.  Too easy for this to be deleted accidentally from there.

> Another option is to copy it to servicemix for this release.
>
> Here are some nit's I'd prefer to see fixed or explained before release:
>
> 1. Most subprojects' NOTICE file are hardcoded rather than using
> appended-resources w/remote-resources-plugin.  Does every non-test
> bundle really include non-apache software?
I was just checking on this very thing.  Neither the blueprint-core jars
nor the blueprint-cm jars contain the OSGi API classes, so their NOTICES
probably should not include the OSGi reference.

> 2. the Bundle-Symbolic-Name values are ${artifactId} rather than the
> default from the bundle plugin.  I'd really prefer to see "geronimo"
> somewhere in the name
I agree.  The symbolic name should be more fully qualified.