geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Proposed tranql svn reorganization
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:41:38 GMT
I've been irked for a while with the tranql svn organization and just
bit myself by not being careful enough to check the extent of the
changes IDEA made.  I'd like to reorganize svn to make life clearer
and simpler.

1. There are basically 2 projects, the query language itself which is
not really under active development at the moment, and the j2ca
connector framework which occasionally gets tweaked.  I'd like to
separate them.

2. We have a lot of foo/bar/trunk type directories.  Our experience in
the geronimo specs projects is that maven 2 has no problem with
separately versioned subprojects all under trunk.

So, I'd like to propose

ql/
+/branches
+/tags
+/trunk

ra/
+/branches
+/tags
+/trunk

Under ra/trunk we'd have connector, connector-ra, and the individual
vendor directories such as derby, oracle, etc.

Thoughts?  In particular does anyone think moving the existing tags
will cause problems?

thanks
david jencks