geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release Blueprint 1.0.0
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:37:09 GMT
Without some major justification I'm seriously -1 on releasing from
the sandbox.  I don't see any problem with moving this code to
components and releasing it from there, whether or not it then moves
somewhere else.

Another option is to copy it to servicemix for this release.

Here are some nit's I'd prefer to see fixed or explained before release:

1. Most subprojects' NOTICE file are hardcoded rather than using
appended-resources w/remote-resources-plugin.  Does every non-test
bundle really include non-apache software?

2. the Bundle-Symbolic-Name values are ${artifactId} rather than the
default from the bundle plugin.  I'd really prefer to see "geronimo"
somewhere in the name.

3. I don't understand what most of the stuff in blueprint-bundle
pom.xml is for and I'd prefer to see it explained.  My experiments
lead me to suspect you don't need the maven-shade-plugin.  What is the
motivation for this bundle in the first place?

4. blueprint.xsd is not a geronimo schema but it's under org/apache/
geronimo/blueprint.

5. blueprint-api uses jar packaging. Why?

In general I'd like to see descriptions in the poms for noobs like me.

thanks
david jencks