geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Radim Kolar <...@sendmail.cz>
Subject documentation is important too
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 21:27:14 GMT

Quintin Beukes-2 wrote:

> They're all small errors, and I listed them because they can
> potentially damage Geronimo's image by complicating a user's
> experience. User experience is the biggest factor in a product's
> success.

I see it that biggest problem with Geronimo is lack of good documentation,
mainly good documentation on security is still missing. After reading users
mailing list for a while people asks for documents about:

How to secure internal derby database from connections into geronimo from
outside? They want to have something like: for database XYZ user X and Y can
connect. it can be probably done by binding security realm into database. it
would be great if we can click it in gui.

same thing for message queues.

oh and deployment plans are another topic. There are some samples on doc
website but i would really like to see some real world example for example
web application with more modules, jpa and message queues. it took me almost
entire day until i managed to write it correctly myself.