geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Blueprint 1.0.0 (3thd try)
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 01:54:34 GMT

On Sep 10, 2009, at 5:35 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> I updated the NOTICE file generation to use the recommended remote-
> resources plugin techniques.
>
> I would still like to see something change on:
>
> 1. I still think that the spec xsds need to be in the spec jar and
> nowhere else and available from the spec jar.  I haven't understood
> any arguments about why this requires more than one copy or why its
> a bad idea.  Why should an alternative blueprint implementation that
> wants to use our api jar need to include its own copy of the schema?
>
> 2. I see that the core and cm bundles don't import what they
> export.  Not importing what you export still makes be extremely
> uneasy.  Maybe one can argue that the cm bundle is a library since
> it doesn't appear to export any services or have a bundle activator,
> but the core bundle is surely not a library since it registers a
> bundle listener.  Unless there is clear harm in importing what we
> export I would really prefer to follow this principle everywhere and
> couple it with careful version specification in imports and exports.
>
> 3. I'm pretty unhappy with the maven project names at the moment.
> I'd prefer to see them go back to simple names and use the bundle
> plugin default behavior to generate the bundle symbolic names to
> include the org.apache.geronimo fluff.

I wasn't happy with the names, but saw they were consistent with Felix.

> I also got an itest failure trying to build but haven't investigated
> yet.

I saw 1 failure running with Java 6. I also had a clean run with Java
6. Seemed to be a test timeout, but didn't look in detail. Here's the
failure:

Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 23.163
sec <<< FAILURE!
testManagedServiceFactory [equinox/3.5.0]
(org.apache.geronimo.blueprint.itests.TestConfigAdmin)  Time elapsed:
11.263 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Gave up waiting for service
(&(objectClass=org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainer)
(osgi
.blueprint.container.symbolicname=org.apache.geronimo.blueprint.sample))

--kevan