geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Blueprint 1.0.0 (3thd try)
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 21:35:12 GMT
I updated the NOTICE file generation to use the recommended remote-
resources plugin techniques.

I would still like to see something change on:

1. I still think that the spec xsds need to be in the spec jar and
nowhere else and available from the spec jar.  I haven't understood
any arguments about why this requires more than one copy or why its a
bad idea.  Why should an alternative blueprint implementation that
wants to use our api jar need to include its own copy of the schema?

2. I see that the core and cm bundles don't import what they export.
Not importing what you export still makes be extremely uneasy.  Maybe
one can argue that the cm bundle is a library since it doesn't appear
to export any services or have a bundle activator, but the core bundle
is surely not a library since it registers a bundle listener.  Unless
there is clear harm in importing what we export I would really prefer
to follow this principle everywhere and couple it with careful version
specification in imports and exports.

3. I'm pretty unhappy with the maven project names at the moment.  I'd
prefer to see them go back to simple names and use the bundle plugin
default behavior to generate the bundle symbolic names to include the
org.apache.geronimo fluff.

I also got an itest failure trying to build but haven't investigated
yet.

thanks
david jencks