geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject 2.2 Branch notice, or crying wolf one more time
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 07:49:34 GMT
I've threatened to  branch 2.2 several times before but this time I
mean it... really :-D

I think we have the tck problem sufficiently under control so any g.
server code changes needed will be minor and easy to port.

there are still some testsuite failures...

jms-tests is a problem I'm trying to get the activemq guys to look
into, I haven't been able to understand what is going wrong.  We do
have a workaround in case they can't fix it.

There are some form auth problems Ivan is looking into.  I'm not sure
about any other problems.

We still have quite a bit of work to do before actually releasing 2.2,
including releasing a lot of snapshot dependencies, however I think we
also need to get back to the osgi work.

So, I'm going to try to create the branch tomorrow.

many thanks
david jencks