geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan <xhh...@gmail.com>
Subject Disable Tomcat JNDI
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 06:30:10 GMT
Hi,
   I found some configurations like
   --->
  <GlobalNamingResources>
        <!-- Editable user database that can also be used by
             UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users
        -->
                  type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"

                  pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml"/>
    </GlobalNamingResources>
  <---
  in the var/catalina/server.xml file, since we use xbean-naming as our JNDI
implementation, we should disable Tomcat's own JNDI. While disabling
Tomcat's JNDI, we should not allow the users to define those settings in the
server.xml. I think, we need to remove GlbalNamingResources fragment from
the server.xml and add some comments, which tell the user never define those
resources in the server.xml.
Any comment ?

--
Ivan