geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From vaughn_m <vmcmul...@comcast.net>
Subject Multiple SharedLibs
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:13:31 GMT

Hello -

I am trying to create 4 different shared lib folders in different
directories.  I have read and tried to use the
org.apache.geronimo.system.sharedlib.SharedLib gbean (the plan is below) in
the various web apps that might use the specific directory. But this has
been unsuccessful.  If I place my jars in the sharedlib folder
(var/shared/lib) it works perfectly. But if I place the jars in the
specified lib folder and remove the jars form the shared folder the
application will not deploy.  I need to separate these libs in different
folders so I can have an upgrade path for different components down the
road.  While I could use the repository as a last resort, it would be more
convenient for me to reuse the SaredLib gbean to accomplish this task by
referencing a specific external folder.  Any insight anyone would have would
be helpful.  See the plan below for a reference.

Vaughn

<module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
  <!--Company Web App-->
  <environment>
    <moduleId>
      <groupId>com.company.app</groupId>
      <artifactId>applib</artifactId>
      <version>2.2.07</version>
      <type>car</type>
    </moduleId>
    <dependencies>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.framework</groupId>
        <artifactId>rmi-naming</artifactId>
        <version>2.1.4</version>
        <type>car</type>
      </dependency>
    </dependencies>
    <hidden-classes/>
    <non-overridable-classes/>
  </environment>
  <gbean name="AppSharedLib"
class="org.apache.geronimo.system.sharedlib.SharedLib">
    <attribute name="classesDirs">var/app/classes</attribute>
    <attribute name="libDirs">var/app/lib</attribute>
    <reference name="ServerInfo">
      <name>ServerInfo</name>
    </reference>
  </gbean>