geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Multiple SharedLibs
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:00:12 GMT
The plan you show below should work if you include a dependency on the
resulting plugin in your actual app.

The difference between this and the technique Chi Runhua suggested is
that with your separate plan your <geronimo-home>/var/app/lib jars
will always be loaded in the applib classloader, which will be a
parent of each app classloader, whereas with Chi Runhua's suggestion,
each app will get their own copy of the classes.

This might sound stupid, but how do you know this isn't working?

I also really suggest you rethink the relative convenience of using
the geronimo repository and a custom shared lib folder.  If you are
dead set against using maven, then this might make sense, otherwise I
recommend you try setting up a maven build of a custom server assembly
that includes your apps.

thanks
david jencks