geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish Jain <ashja...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple Server Instances: Uninstalling an application does not remove the entry from config.xml of other server instances
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:50:13 GMT
Hi,

I have a setup based on geronimo 2.1.3 and I have created another geronimo
instance from existing one using the multiple server instance feature.  I
had set the following
set GERONIMO_OPTS=-Dorg.apache.geronimo.server.name=instance2 and was able
to start another instance with a portOffset of 1.

Later I deployed a WAR application to one of geronimo instance and can see
the application in started state in the instance I have deployed the
application and stopped
in another instance. I can see an entry in the config.xml as well for both
the instances. Another observation in this case is that config.xml for
instance2 gets the entry
only when I access the admin console WAR portlet for this instance.

Later tried undeploying the application. Application is removed from the
server repository, application entry is removed from config.xml of the
instance I have deployed the
application. However the application entry in config.xml of instance2 still
remains and is not removed.

Just tried debugging this issue and found that LocalAttributeManager.java
shows the values with relative to g home for example "attributeFile
<g_home>\var\config\config.xml".
However it never suggests any value relative to <g_home/instance2>.
ServerOverride.java also works out relative to g_home.

Any suggestions on how shall I proceed with this issue will be really
helpful.

Thanks
Ashish