tried it.

1.
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/external/trunk/geronimo-dojo-0.4.3
mvn clean install
success!

2.
modify the plugins/dojo-legacy stuff
the patch in attachment shows the modification.
build successfully

3.
I did not build the entire server, but just remove the old one, and install the new one.
I believe only the debug-views portlets use this legacy dojo, because when I stop the dojo-legacy-tomcat plugin, only the debugviews-console-tomcat web project stopped autoly. and I also searched all the jsps underneath plugins folder in the server build tree, only show the ones from debugviews holding reference to "/dojo/0.4/dojo.js"

results:
Unfortunately, the debugviews portlet don't display corretly...

I make some screen shot. Shall we open a jira for this so that I can upload them, which apparently shows dojo not work correctly?

HTH
Rex.