So unfortunately what happened between Dojo 0.4.3-> Mostly anything newer especially 1.3.1 is that they had the idea to classify their libraries to "Dijit" (Widgets) and other subsections.  As such, the porting effort is not small. I believe the debug-views portlets and such still depend on 0.4.3. At this point in time, my opinion would be to not try and migrate any 0.4.3 dependent code. There has been so much change between the dojo versions that it would be probably simpler and cleaner to just rewrite these portlets.  I think it'd be a good choice to get rid of the old Dojo libraries once and for all as they add a bit to the geronimo footprint size.. not to mention there are a lot more features in the latest Dojo release that can probably accomplish what you wanted to in the older versions.

Thanks,
Joseph Leong