I think you can configure just about everything through the gbeans.  Reading a second web.xml file for every web app would be a very large change to the deployer and is not something we can consider for 2.2.

I think you can configure the jsp debug in the default jsp servlet gbean in the deployer plan.

thanks
david jencks