geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Finishing up tomcat server.xml configuration work...
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 00:50:01 GMT
IMO our way of configuring the tomcat server using server.xml is
working fine and the main remaining bits are really documentation.
Since I am terrible at documentation I hope others will take it upon
themselves to help with it :-)

I'd like to see

-- a list of stuff that doesn't work in geronimo.  My recollection is
that the main things that don't work are configuring jndi (such as
deploying datasources) and realms (this might actually work, I'm not
sure).

-- at least one sample of how to use it.  I think a good starting
point would the the app-per-port sample that shows how to have 2 web
apps each exposed on a different port.  This requires setting up 2
entire tomcat servers and I think would be a nice example of the
simplicity of the server.xml configuration compared with the gbeans we
used up till now.  I think I'd consider deploying the server.xml in a
plugin that completely replaces the existing tomcat plugin.

thoughts?

many thanks
david jencks