geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] ApacheCon '09 Geronimo Track: Content
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:32:24 GMT

On Jul 21, 2009, at 9:23 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Maybe we can create a mashup of the proposals to cover the following:
>
> Session 1 - Geronimo 2.2 topics (current user community)
> 		Administering Geronimo
> 		Custom Server Assemblies
> 		Securing Apps
> 		Load balancing and high-availability
> Would expect this session would contain more than we could cover in
> 50 minutes, but we should introduce each topic and include pointers
> to the online docs that users could reference later for more details.
>
> Session 2 - Blueprint Container Spec and Geronimo
>
> Session 3 - Geronimo 3.0 and Java EE 6 (futures)
> 		Geronimo 3.0 based on OSGi
> 		Current milestone features
> 		Present how much of Web Profile is available
> 			JPA 2.0, EJB 3.1, Servlet 3.0, ...
> 		How to start using 3.0 builds

OK. We're getting urged to finalize our agenda. In the spirit of
Donald's mashup. How does the following work for everyone?

Session 1: Apache Geronimo 2.2
Speakers: David Jencks and Vamsavardhana Reddy Chillakuru

This talk will provide an overview of the Geronimo 2.2 release. Along
with providing an overview of the new features found in 2.2, the talk
will also discuss Geronimo Custom Assemblies and Application Security.
Geronimo makes it easy to assemble a custom server around your
applications, including only those features needed to run your apps.
We'll see how to use maven to integrate this into your build process.
Also, Apache Geronimo enables storing user credentials in a variety of
data stores viz., simple text files, a database, an LDAP server and
digital certificates. In this session we see how these data stores can
be used to configure application security and how the necessary
infrastructure can be run in Apache Geronimo itself.

Session 2: OSGi Blueprint Container Specification and Geronimo
Speaker: Jarek Gawor

This talk will provide a general overview of the Blueprint Container
Specification and demonstrate some of its core features using
Geronimo's Blueprint Container implementation. The talk will also
describe some more advanced features of the Geronimo implementation
such as Configuration Admin Service support and custom namespace
handlers. Future plans will be discussed as well as how the Blueprint
Container might be used and integrated within the existing Geronimo
Kernel.

Session 3: Apache Geronimo 3.0: OSGi and Java EE6
Speakers: David Jencks and Donald Woods

This talk will provide a preview of the new features in Apache
Geronimo 3.0. Including the OSGi support with the Geronimo kernel.
We'll also discuss the new Java EE 6 features: Web Profiles, JPA 2.0,
Servlet 3.0, EJB 3.1, etc. We'll also include demonstration of current
functionality and discuss development outlook.

--kevan