geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: The scope and schedule for G 2.2 samples release
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 07:05:10 GMT

On Jul 14, 2009, at 11:40 PM, Forrest_Xia wrote:

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> Isn't jsf pretty much a struts replacement?  I kinda thought struts
>> and struts 2 were obsolete after jsf came out.
>> Activemq broker and the apache directory plugin both show using
>> spring
>> in geronimo, although not as end-user apps.
>>

> The reason I add this is that I saw user asking how-to about using
> struts/spring in geronimo for several times in the mailing list or
> related
> forum. So I think it might be helpful if we have a sample about it.
> For JSF, let me check if we have some available code to contribute.
>

> djencks wrote:
>>
>>> 4. Add or update a sample to demo JTA
>> ???  do you mean how to use UserTransaction?
>>

> I'm a little bit confusing here too. Cause I think there are some
> codes in
> daytrader using JTA. We may make it clear as progress is forward.
>

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> CSA?
>>
> CSA shorts for Custom Server Assembly :-)
>

> djencks wrote:
>>
>>> 7. Figure out a way to release JEE application ear/war balls of G
>>> samples.
>>
>> IIRC the missing bit is the geronimo plan.  I don't think there is an
>> absolute requirement that the plan be inside the javaee application.
>> So I think I would pursue this goal by seeing if we can get the car-
>> maven-plugin to deploy the processed plan as an attached artifact.
>> This will result in separate jetty and tomcat plans which I think
>> is OK.
>>
> Can you explain more about using car-maven-plugin to deploy the
> processed
> plan as an attached artifact? how will it work? thanks!

I haven't done this in a long time although I think the mojo that
actually builds the car file must do something like this...

IIRC maven's project object has a method that lets you "attach" a file
to the project, which means it will get deployed into the maven repo.
I think we'd want to add a call to this method in the
PlanProcessorMojo after we've completely processed the plan.

hope this helps a bit :-)
david jencks