geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Con US '09 Geronimo Track
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:53:01 GMT
All,
There will be a Geronimo Track at ApacheCon US '09. We will be sharing
a full day with the Directory Project. This means that we'll have 2 to
3 50 minute time slots. We have some flexibility on how we format
these time slots. So, IIUC, we can sub-divide these time slots, if we
desire.

I've put together the following proposed Track Description. Comments
much appreciated. I'd like to settle on the track description quickly,
if possible. And hope we can start discussing talk proposals and track
formats, real soon.

Apache Geronimo is a lightweight, flexible, component-based server for
building dynamic application server environments. Geronimo plugins can
be assembled into a fully compliant Java EE Server. However, it can be
easily assembled into a server providing a subset of functionality or
a minimal subset required to meet the requirements of a set of
applications. In addition to the Apache Geronimo Server, the Geronimo
project is also comprised of a number of subprojects: Development
Tools, XBean, Yoko, GShell, Specs, etc.

Potential topics for the Geronimo Track include, but are in no way
limited to:
    * Geronimo architecture,
    * Systems management,
    * Application development and user experiences,
    * OSGi Blueprint,
    * Kernel restructuring,
    * Java EE 6,
    * etc.