geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Which dojo?
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 16:10:12 GMT

On Jul 1, 2009, at 1:14 AM, Ivan wrote:

> I think the one is what need, no samples and testcases are included.
> But I found 1.3.1 is released, why not use the newest one ?

Newer would be better if we can get it to work.  I set this up a few
days ago and forgot the details... I think that I saw some problem and
wasn't sure what was causing it and tried changing to an earlier dojo
version.  I didn't actually have any reason to think the problem was
caused by dojo so very likely the more recent release should work.

> And for the legacy dojo 0.4.3, how shall we handle it ? Like tomcat,
> maitaine a our own repo ?

Ideally I think we would migrate our code to up-to-date dojo.
Unfortunately I have no idea how hard that would be.  Does anyone? If
we can't, I think there is some release of some 0.4.3 dojo, perhaps we
can investigate using or repackaging it.

There's also dwr....  but I think working on one dependency at a time
will be less confusing.

thanks
david jencks