geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: The scope and schedule for G 2.2 samples release
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 06:00:17 GMT

On Jul 12, 2009, at 8:30 PM, Forrest_Xia wrote:

> Let me try to sort out what we will do next:
> 1. Add one sample which uses popular application framework, such as
> struts,
> spring.

Isn't jsf pretty much a struts replacement?  I kinda thought struts
and struts 2 were obsolete after jsf came out.
Activemq broker and the apache directory plugin both show using spring
in geronimo, although not as end-user apps.

> 2. Update and release a new version of daytrader with G 2.2 sample
> release
> 3. Add or update a sample to configure EJB security via annotation
> 4. Add or update a sample to demo JTA
???  do you mean how to use UserTransaction?

> 5. Add a new sample to demo the support of using tomcat server.xml
> directly
> 6. Add a sample to demo how to build a CSA via car-maven-plugin,
> ActiveMQ
> server could be the sample.

CSA?

> 7. Figure out a way to release JEE application ear/war balls of G
> samples.

IIRC the missing bit is the geronimo plan.  I don't think there is an
absolute requirement that the plan be inside the javaee application.
So I think I would pursue this goal by seeing if we can get the car-
maven-plugin to deploy the processed plan as an attached artifact.
This will result in separate jetty and tomcat plans which I think is OK.

> 8. Ensure G 2.1.2 samples plugins installable and functionable on G
> 2.2
> server.

This is not possible due to the large number of class changes in
gbeans such as the jetty web app context gbean.

> I am going to work on this list and open a JIRA to track it, and
> will post
> my progress to this thread from time to time. Welcome any comments!

Great to see someone working on this!

thanks
david jencks