geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Which dojo?
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 22:56:38 GMT

On Jul 15, 2009, at 11:12 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jul 15, 2009, at 6:27 AM, Rex Wang wrote:
>
>> tried it.
>>
>> 1.
>> svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/external/trunk/geronimo-dojo-0.4.3
>> mvn clean install
>> success!
>>
>> 2.
>> modify the plugins/dojo-legacy stuff
>> the patch in attachment shows the modification.
>> build successfully
>>
>> 3.
>> I did not build the entire server, but just remove the old one, and
>> install the new one.
>> I believe only the debug-views portlets use this legacy dojo,
>> because when I stop the dojo-legacy-tomcat plugin, only the
>> debugviews-console-tomcat web project stopped autoly. and I also
>> searched all the jsps underneath plugins folder in the server build
>> tree, only show the ones from debugviews holding reference to "/
>> dojo/0.4/dojo.js"
>>
>> results:
>> Unfortunately, the debugviews portlet don't display corretly...
>>
>> I make some screen shot. Shall we open a jira for this so that I
>> can upload them, which apparently shows dojo not work correctly?
>
> Or we could try to fix them :-)
>
> I looked at the two war files and they are different and I wonder
> what we actually use.
>
> old war (geronimo-dojo-legacy):
>   -rw-r--r--    151841  15-May-2007  02:11:02  dojo.js
>   -rw-r--r--    326567  15-May-2007  02:11:04  dojo.js.uncompressed.js
>   -rw-r--r--      1170  15-May-2007  02:06:02  flash6_gateway.swf
>   -rw-r--r--      2364  15-May-2007  02:06:02  iframe_history.html
>   -rw-r--r--     11346  15-May-2007  02:06:02  LICENSE
>   -rw-r--r--     13133  14-Jul-2009  15:01:02  META-INF/LICENSE
>   -rw-r--r--       587  14-Jul-2009  15:01:02  META-INF/NOTICE
>   -rw-r--r--      1609  15-May-2007  02:11:32  src/a11y.js
> everything else is under src/
>
> new war (geronimo-dojo-0.4.3):
> just the contents of src from geronimo-dojo-legacy.
>
> So what do we actually use here?  if its just dojo.js we can shrink
> it by leaving out the uncompressed.js and all the little files.  If
> its just the little files under src we can use the new war and
> change the references to leave out the "src/" bit.  Maybe I can come
> up with an alternate profile to build a war with just dojo.js in it??

My latest theory is that the only file we use is dojo.js.  My other
theory here is that if we can legally have the dojo zip file in an svn
repo then we can just as well have the dojo.js text file in our svn
repo as a source file.

So I modified the externals project to just include this file, from
src/main/webapp.  I also fixed the groupId.

Could you try out this revised version?

thanks
david jencks