geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: [Discuss] ApacheCon '09 Geronimo Track: Content
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 00:52:41 GMT

> I think this is a good division of topics.
> I wonder if it would be more interesting to cover the various
> clustering stuff we have in 2.2 rather than the security stuff.
> I've talked about security a couple of times before and it has a
> little bit of documentation but I don't think anyone has ever pulled
> together all the clustering stuff...
> wadi jetty/tomcat/ejb
> ejb client failover
> farm management
> how to set up a web load balancer.

I'm good with that.

Session 1: Apache Geronimo 2.2
Speakers: David Jencks and Vamsavardhana Reddy Chillakuru

This talk will provide an overview of the Geronimo 2.2 release. Along
with providing an overview of the new features found in 2.2, the talk
will also discuss Geronimo Custom Assemblies and Application Security.
Geronimo makes it easy to assemble a custom server around your
applications, including only those features needed to run your apps.
We'll see how to use maven to integrate this into your build process.
This session will also discuss the clustering options available with
Geronimo and configuring load-balancing and failover of web
applications using mod_jk & Apache HTTP Server. After completing this
session, the audience will be familiar with the clustering and farming
features provided by Geronimo, running multiple instances of Geronimo
server from the same installation, preparing their applications for
deployment on the cluster and know how to configure Geronimo clusters
to suit their needs.

Session 2: OSGi Blueprint Container Specification and Geronimo
Speaker: Jarek Gawor

This talk will provide a general overview of the Blueprint Container
Specification and demonstrate some of its core features using
Geronimo's Blueprint Container implementation. The talk will also
describe some more advanced features of the Geronimo implementation
such as Configuration Admin Service support and custom namespace
handlers. Future plans will be discussed as well as how the Blueprint
Container might be used and integrated within the existing Geronimo

Session 3: Apache Geronimo 3.0: OSGi and Java EE6
Speakers: David Jencks and Donald Woods

This talk will provide a preview of the new features in Apache
Geronimo 3.0. Including the OSGi support with the Geronimo kernel.
We'll also discuss the new Java EE 6 features: Web Profiles, JPA 2.0,
Servlet 3.0, EJB 3.1, etc. We'll also include demonstration of current
functionality and discuss development outlook.

View raw message