geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: About Geronimo EJB Cluster and JMS Cluster
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 15:48:27 GMT

On Jul 16, 2009, at 2:25 AM, Lu Zhongda wrote:

> All:
>     As I know, geronimo only supports web cluster with WADI by now.
>     EJB cluster and JMS cluster are not supported yet.

I believe jms clustering is done through activemq. At least in 2.2-
SNAPSHOT you can configure activemq with the standard amq xml
configuration so anything amq supports can be run inside geronimo.  I
don't recall when we added this feature, it might be in 2.1.x also.

We also have stateful ejb replication through wadi in at least 2.2.  I
don't think this includes ejb client failover for stateful session
beans.
We also have ejb client failover using a cluster whose membership is
maintained through multicast in 2.2.  This is separate from the wadi
replication support.

We could probably use better docs and samples for this stuff :-)

thanks
david jencks