geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Netbeans plugin
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:25:45 GMT

On Jul 3, 2009, at 5:29 AM, George Frink wrote:

> We needed a fully functional Netbeans plugin for an ongoing project.
> As a result, I've adapted the Netbeans plugin to Netbeans 6.7 and am
> adding functionality/testing apace.
> It strikes me as too much code to gracefully list in an email.
> Thoughts?

Hi George,
That sounds great.

So, the process, for dealing with source code, is to attach the code
(normally a 'svn diff' generated patch file, but could be a .zip) and
attach the file to a Jira -- see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO

You'd need to:

1) create a Jira login
2) create a Geronimo Jira issue (project: geronimo-devtools, type:
improvement). Don't worry about details like components/versions/fix
versions, but do describe what you'd like to contribute in summary and
description fields
3) attach a patch file/zip file to the Jira. While viewing the Jira,
"Attach file" is an operation that you can perform. When you attach
the file, make sure the "Grant license to ASF for inclusion in ASF
works" radio button is checked.

Depending on the size of your contribution, we may also decide to ask
for a code grant. Nothing major, just a single form. See, http://www.apache.org/licenses/#grants

--kevan