geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Cai <greensi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Duplicate clustername value sets in config-subsititions file
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2009 10:07:10 GMT
I used to think that server farm is from management point of view
(start/stop, deploy, monitor, etc.), and server cluster is from runtime
point of view (fail-over, load-balancing, etc.). But after a little search,
it seems that many people regard them as the same thing. Some people also
has an interesting distinguishing between them. e.g, [1] classifies clusters
into server farm and server pack. A farm "shares the same applications and
services but do not share the same repository of data", while a pack shares
the data too.

-Jack

[1] http://www.certmag.com/read.php?in=1477