geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Trunk Builds
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 01:53:03 GMT

On Jul 1, 2009, at 6:31 PM, Shawn Jiang wrote:

> I can't recreate the same console/advanced failure in my local
> machine.   But I do find another console testsuite bug and filed a
> JIRA:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4720   (patch provided)
>
> The failure of enterprise-testsuite/sec-tests is related to "run-as"
> propagation from a servlet to another servlet.   I'm looking into it
> and will provide a patch.

The run-as propagation from servlet to servlet is not really specified
in the servlet spec and I may have changed it in jetty7 after talking
with Ron Monzilla the sun security spec guy.  IIRC jetty7 interprests
run-as to apply to the target servlet in a dsipatch whether or not the
servlets are in the same web app.  IIRC the previous behavior was that
run-as was only applied in a cross-context dispatch.  So most likely
the test is wrong.

thanks
david jencks