geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject car-maven-plugin with nexus
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 22:11:42 GMT
I'm trying to update Daytrader trunk to keep up with the changes in
server trunk.  To that end I recently updated it to use genesis 2.0 and
therefore the latest in terms of repositories and nexus found in genesis.

However, I still can't build Daytrader without first building Geronimo
trunk.

The problem that I'm currently hitting is with the car-maven-plugin.  If
I don't include any repositories in my root pom (similar to server
trunk) then I get the following error:

    Downloading:
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/geronimo/buildsupport/car-maven-plugin/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car-maven-plugin-2.2-SNAPSHOT.pom
     [INFO]
     [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
     [INFO]
     [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

     GroupId: org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport
     ArtifactId: car-maven-plugin
     Version: 2.2-SNAPSHOT

       org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport:car-maven-plugin:pom:2.2-SNAPSHOT

     from the specified remote repositories:
       ibiblio.org (http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2),
       codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
       apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots)

Note that it is failing to find the pom for the plugin and it didn't
even look in the nexus repo (which I had just removed a few minutes
earlier to match the server trunk).

If I add the nexus repo back in I get a slightly different error ... but
it still doesn't find the plugin:

Downloading:
http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/apache/geronimo/buildsupport/car-maven-plugin/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car-maven-plugin-2.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Plugin could not be found - check that the goal name is correct:
Unable to download the artifact from any repository

Then, install it using the command:
     mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport
-DartifactId=car-maven-plugin -Dversion=2.2-SNAPSHOT
-Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:
     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport
-DartifactId=car-maven-plugin -Dversion=2.2-SNAPSHOT
-Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

org.apache.geronimo.buildsupport:car-maven-plugin:maven-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
   ibiblio.org (http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2),
   codehaus.snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
   apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)

This time it looks like it must have found the pom and is attempting to
download the jar but for some reason it once again isn't looking for the
jar in the nexus repo.

I recall that there is something special about the loading of maven
plugins that doesn't follow the typical dependency resolution.  Any
ideas on what I need to do to get around this?  I'd really like for us
to be able to build other dependent projects without having to build
server trunk first.

Thanks,
Joe