geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Becker <dan.o.bec...@gmail.com>
Subject Use of AspectJ load time weaving in Geronimo
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:26:45 GMT
I've been implementing an Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) profiling
and timing system on some of my web application code. I've been able to
Load Time Weave (LTW) my application code using plain Apache Tomcat by
placing the following AOP configuration file in
WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/aop.xml:

<!DOCTYPE aspectj PUBLIC "-//AspectJ//DTD//EN"
"http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/dtd/aspectj.dtd">
<aspectj>
     <weaver options="-verbose -showWeaveInfo">
         <!-- Weave classes in our application-specific packages -->
         <include within="com.mycompany.myapp..*"/>
     </weaver>

     <aspects>
     	<aspect name="com.mycompany.myapp.PointcutDefs"/>
     	<aspect name="com.mycompany.myapp.ProfilingAspect"/>
     </aspects>
</aspectj>

However, when I try the same operation in Geronimo 1.1.1 (J2EE version
with Tomcat), I do not see the weaver weaving, nor do I catch any of the
application code with the pointcuts or the aspects.

Have other people tried AOP with Geronimo? Have they been successful
load time weaving with such a configuration file? Pointers to any AOP
examples with Geronimo are appreciated.

--
Thanks, Dan