geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Daytrader for Tomcat
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 18:40:40 GMT

Hi Forrest,

Are you planning to do anything more with the Daytrader?

There was some discussion in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAYTRADER-68 about next steps with
this web-only version of daytrader ... but that was a while ago and I'm
not sure if you are still working on these items or if they were
displaced by other more pressing issues.

Included in jira discussion you mentioned that you would be working on
several things, among those:
- a description of how the web-only version differs from the full
Daytrader including changes made for removal of EJB/JPA dependencies.
- support for jetty in addition to tomcat for the web-only version
- better instructions in readme for installation on both the minimal
assemblies and tomcat/jetty containers
- investigation into non-container managed JPA for db access
- possible creation of plugins for the webonly installation
- and perhaps some work on the dependencies and datasource deployment plan.

Can you fill us in on the latest on these items?

Thanks,
Joe