geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon '09 Geronimo Track Call for Papers
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 07:33:59 GMT

On Jul 16, 2009, at 8:04 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> This years ApacheCon US Conference (Oakland, CA, USA - Nov 2 to 6
> 2009) will include a 1/2 day Geronimo Track. This is a call for
> session proposals. Please have submissions in by Monday 12 Noon EDT.
> We need to finalize the session contents early next week.
>
> Apache Geronimo is a lightweight, flexible, component-based server
> for building dynamic application server environments. Geronimo
> plugins can be assembled into a fully compliant Java EE Server.
> However, it can be easily assembled into a server providing a subset
> of functionality or a minimal subset required to meet the
> requirements of a set of applications. In addition to the Apache
> Geronimo Server, the Geronimo project is also comprised of a number
> of subprojects: Development Tools, XBean, Yoko, GShell, JavaMail,
> Connector/Transaction, etc.
>
> Potential topics for the Geronimo Track include, but are in no way
> limited to:
> * Geronimo architecture,
> * Systems management,
> * Custom server assemblies,
> * Application development and user experiences,
> * OSGi Blueprint,
> * Kernel restructuring,
> * Java EE 6,
> * etc.
>
> Please submit Talk proposals on this mail thread. Each suggestion
> should include:
>
>  * Title

Geronimo Custom Server Assemblies

>  * Speaker name(s)

David Jencks

>  * Abstract (Short overview of the talk contents)

Geronimo makes it easy to assemble a custom server around your
applications, including only those features needed to run your apps.
We'll see how to use maven to integrate this into your build
process.   We'll discuss how this works in recent geronimo releases
such as 2.2 and how it will work in the osgi environment in geronimo
3.0.

Bio:

See apachecon eu 2009

thanks