geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Duplicate clustername value sets in config-subsititions file
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:01:36 GMT
I would say the other way around. A cluster is a type of farm.

I see a farm as a set of independent instances. I see a cluster as a
set of collaborating instances. You can deploy a non clustered
application to a farm whereby you do not have resilience in case of
service failure. And you can deploy a clustered application to a farm
to increase service resiliency if necessary.

Thanks,
Gianny