On Jun 19, 2009, at 9:18 PM, Ivan wrote:

Currently, what I can see are
1. Recover those configurations that we used  for Tomcat in the server.xml

For connectors, I may have done most of this in my work for (3).... could use some checking.  I'd also like to see if I can make the tomcat connectors use our thread pool -- a new feature I've wanted for years :-)
2. Update the console codes, and decide whether we need to keep the functions like add/remove connectors. If keep, the way we do it is to add/remove ConnectorGBean or to marshall/remarshall server.xml.
3. Make those settings in the server.xml not hardcoded.

I implemented this here, not sure if I'll get it committed today or tomorrow

4. Recover those GBeans that console/other components used, such as AccessLogValve etc.

Maybe the AccessLogValve can fish its valve out of the server like the engine gbean now does?

thanks
david jencks

I would like to work at parts of them, if we have decided to import this feature in 2.2. And I suggest that we open a JIRA for each of them, so that we could track them clearly.
Thanks !
Ivan

After fixing the HostGBean in web app plan problem I don't have a very clear idea of what's missing here.  If one of you do could you please list in detail what needs to be done?

thanks
david jencks