After being initially surprised at the verbosity, I really like the new settings.  IMO java code is pretty much unusable unless it is compiled with debug info, so I'm +100000000 to keeping the debug flag on.

I have a hard time imagining how showing deprecations and warnings could cause a build error.  Can you provide more details?

thanks
david jencks