On Jun 16, 2009, at 12:08 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

I have to retract this with some shame... *blush*

I didn't realize that all of the silly webapps I was testing had their <web-app id="WebApp_ID" ...

It's news to me that tomcat does this.... it must be a result of feeding the web.xml into digester.  I'm pretty sure jetty ignores any id attributes.... this is pretty weird use of the id attribute IMHO and is certainly beyond the spec.

thanks
david jencks

OMG.

--jason