geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rex Wang <rwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Build the GBeanInfo with the attribute name caselessly?
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:06:48 GMT
Build the GBeanInfo with the attribute name caselessly?

Currently, we build the GBeanInfo attribute according to the java code
convention. However, we user set the attribute throught the plan, he have to
pay attention to the case of the attribute name, such as:
        <gbean name="SMTPTransport">
            <attribute name="host">${SMTPHost}</attribute>
            <attribute name="port">${SMTPPort}</attribute>
        </gbean>
and
        <gbean
name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1.5-SNAPSHOT/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1.5-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=uniquename2"
load="false"
gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.connector.Http11ConnectorGBean">
            <attribute name="keepAliveTimeout">60000</attribute>
            <attribute name="maxThreads">40</attribute>
            <attribute name="acceptCount">10</attribute>
            <attribute name="connectionTimeout">60000</attribute>
            <attribute name="connectionLinger">-1</attribute>
            <attribute name="address">0.0.0.0</attribute>

but we it comes to the ra.xml, we always use the first upper case word to
define the properties, such as:
        <config-property-name>DatabaseName</config-property-name>
        <config-property-type>java.lang.String</config-property-type>
and that causes the program logic in the config module builder should deal
with that specificly...programmer might hate that..

So, if either the user or developer will get un-happyness on this
configuration, why not we build the GBeanInfo with a caseless name
indentifid GAttributeInfo?

-Rex
Jun 23