geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Possible for G to directly consume a Tomcat server config w/o changes?
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:21:03 GMT

On Jun 12, 2009, at 10:51 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2009, at 3:00 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>> On Jun 3, 2009, at 10:35 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>>> On Jun 2, 2009, at 6:46 PM, David Jencks wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>> Sounds interesting. IIUC, this embedded Tomcat instance replaces
>>> our current embedded Tomcat. It improves our ability to configure
>>> this instance -- it's native Tomcat config.
>>> Are you thinking about all configuration files? E.g. WEB-INF/
>>> context.xml, conf/context.xml? There are catalina.policy,
>>>, tomcat-users.xml, also. Hmm. gets a little
>>> messier...
>> I have enough working now so I can run the admin console on a
>> server set up this way.  I haven't looked at any files other than
>> server.xml yet.  Some like tomcat-users.xml are for a security
>> realm we aren't going to use or, probably, support using.  Not sure
>> about the others.
> Cool. Can you point me to the code?

I'm hoping to get it checked in today.  I have a bunch of stuff
intertwined locally so this involves figuring out where to put our
tomcat build in svn and pushing a snapshot for it first.  I still
don't have a good idea where in svn to put builds of other projects.
I guess I'll use "external" and we can move it if anyone has a better

david jencks

> --kevan

View raw message