geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Impending votes
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 18:54:38 GMT

On Jun 8, 2009, at 2:58 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> I've been playing around with genesis to get it releasable and the
> jaspi spec jar.  Jetty needs the latter for their incipient IP
> review so we need to get it out quickly.
>
> It looks like the site plugin is totally broken.... http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-395

>  so I'll beat my head against that wall for only a few more minutes
> before giving up on having maven generated sites for multip module
> projects.  AFAICT the apache-release profile is working OK.
>
> If anyone wants to take a look at this now's the time.  I plan to
> tag and call a vote tomorrow (monday).
>
> There's one snapshot in genesis I still need to fix, the assembly
> plugin source-release descriptor.

David,
The NOTICE files being generated for jar files is not up to the
currently-understood-standard for NOTICE files:

// ------------------------------------------------------------------
// NOTICE file corresponding to the section 4d of The Apache License,
// Version 2.0, in this case for Genesis Configuration :: Geronimo Skin

Genesis Configuration :: Geronimo Skin
Copyright 2003-2008 Apache Software Foundation

In particular, the prolog needs to go... geronimo/genesis/trunk/NOTICE
looks good (assuming that I'm up to date in my understanding...).
Would be best if all the notices looked like that, I think...

I scanned the source and didn't see any problems...

--kevan