geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Suggest to turn off those debug and warning options for maven-compile-plugin
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 04:50:16 GMT
I have to admit that locale and character encoding issues are
something I know almost nothing about.

I think this is likely a bug in either maven or the IBM compiler, but
I have no idea how to figure out which.

Do you know why these are different with the different jdks?
> Default locale: zh_CN, platform encoding: GB18030
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252

Is there some way to make everything use utf-8?

If you can figure out anything that makes it seem like this is a maven
bug I hope you will file a maven jira :-)

thanks
david jencks